BEVERLY HILLS – November 16, 2009 — Just in time for the holidays, the Beverly Hills Cigar Club is offering its 2010 Top 10 Champagne and Cigar Pairings: what to smoke with what to drink to ring in the New Year.
BHCC’s pairings involved identifying champagnes with high ratings in their price category and then choosing top rated cigars that would complement each. All vintages and cigars had to be widely available. Vin Lee, CEO, Beverly Hills Cigar Club, then determined the best match ups, finding the final choices included well known brands but also selections made by small boutique champagne houses and tobacco producers.
“In this day and age, not everyone can afford $50 on a cigar and $300 on a bottle of champagne,” said Lee. “Complementing a glass of champagne with a great cigar should be something everyone should be able to enjoy.”
BHCC’s 2010 Top Champagne and Cigar Pairings are:
1. Louis Roederer Cristal Brut ’02 (750 ML) Goldwin LOUIXS Rosado
2. Perrier Jouet Blanc de Blanc Flower Bottle ’99 (750 ML) Arturo Fuente Opus X Perfecxion
3. Moet & Chandon Champagne Brut Rose Imperial (750 ML) Padron Anniversary 1964 Series “A”
4. Bollinger Champagne Special Cuvee (750 ML) Davidoff Zino Platinum Crown Series Rocket
5. Piper Heidsieck Champagne Brut ’98 (750 ML) Montecristo White Churchill
6. Domaine Carneros Brut Rose (750 ML) Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Illusion
7. Deutz Champagne Brut Classic (750 ML) Macanudo 1968 Toro
8. Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label (750 ML) Rocky Patel Decade The Forty Six
9. Chandon Spark Pinot Noir Brut Reserve (750 ML) CAO LX2 Toro
10. Mumm Napa Valley Sparkling Wine Cuvee M (750 ML) Don Tomas Cameroon Perfecto 1